Campbell Interest and Skill SurveyCISS
- The Campbell™ Interest and Skill Survey (CISS®) measures self-reported vocational interests and skills. Similar to traditional interest inventories, the CISS interest scales reflect an individual's attraction for specific occupational areas. Guidance on using this test in your telepractice.
- Publication date:
- Age range:
- 15 and up
- Reading level:
- 6th grade
- Qualification level:
- Completion time:
- 25 minutes (200 interest and 120 skill items, 6-point response scale)
- Q-global or paper-and-pencil
- Scoring options:
- Q-global, Q Local, internet or mail-in scoring
- Report options:
- 5,225 working adults
- Other languages:
- Guidance on using this test in your telepractice
The CISS instrument focuses on careers that require post-secondary education and is most appropriate for use with individuals who are college bound or college educated.
Seven Orientation Scales and 29 Basic Scales are based on Dr. Campbell's model for occupational orientations. These orientations generally correspond to the familiar RIASEC themes.
Leadership, Law/Politics, Public Speaking, Sales, Advertising/Marketing
Supervision, Financial Services, Office Practices
Adult Development, Counseling, Child Development, Religious Activities, Medical Practice
Art/Design, Performing Arts, Writing, International Activities, Fashion, Culinary Art
Mechanical Crafts, Woodworking, Farming/Forestry, Plants/Gardens, Animal Care
Athletics/Physical Fitness, Military/Law Enforcement, Risks/Adventure
Individual profile reports present results numerically and graphically, and include narrative comments to facilitate easy interpretation by the respondent.
The following resources are available for CISS.
Q-global Training Series
Frequently asked questions follow. Click on a question to see the response.