MMPI-2-RF Basic Overview
- at -
This webinar provides information on the MMPI-2-RF development and evidence-based interpretation, and gives practitioners details on how to interpret MMPI-2-RF results in various settings.
Presenter: Dustin B. Wygant, PhD
This webinar presentation provides a brief overview of the rationale for, and methods used to develop the MMPI-2-RF, and the various materials available to score and interpret the test.
Composed of 338 items, with the RC (Restructured Clinical) Scales at its core, the MMPI-2-RF builds on the strengths of the MMPI®-2. It features 51 new and revised empirically validated scales and takes only 35-50 minutes to administer. The MMPI-2-RF was released in August 2008.
The MMPI-2-RF aids clinicians in the assessment of mental disorders, identification of specific problem areas, and treatment planning in a variety of settings. The test can be used to help:
- Assess major symptoms of psychopathology, personality characteristics, and behavioral proclivities.
- Evaluate participants in substance abuse programs and select appropriate treatment approaches.
- Assess medical patients and design effective treatment strategies, including chronic pain management.
- Provide valuable insight for marriage and family counseling.
- Support classification, treatment, and management decisions in criminal justice and correctional settings.
- Identify high-risk candidates in public safety screening and selection settings.
- Give strong empirical foundation for expert testimony in forensic evaluations.