The more efficiently and effectively educators can assess and collect assessment results, the better educators can move each student toward success.
Multiple assessment tools in teaching – technology-based or not – make it increasingly difficult for educators to collaborate and collectively examine and adjust the work being done per student, across classes, grades, and tiers.
Implementing one data-centric assessment and analysis system can prove to be transformative for your entire district, as these four benefits reveal:
The Benefits of a District-Wide Student Assessment System
1. Prove Education Effectiveness District-Wide
Data-driven educational assessments are not only imperative to every educator’s pursuit of differentiated instruction and appropriate education initiatives. They are also critical to helping a school district remain accountable to high academic standards and prove the effectiveness of educational services to parents, the community, and state and federal lawmakers.
With one efficient, district-wide assessment system that boasts valid, reliable data:
- Challenging, standards-aligned goals can be set and tracked toward
- Instruction and intervention efforts can be measured
- Student progress can be reported in real-time
2. Align Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
When this educational triad is seamlessly connected via a singular assessment system that is utilized by all educators, teaching and learning evolves.
Curriculum connected to a robust combination of standards- and curriculum-based assessment measures, which feature a sensitivity to growth, helps all educators:
- Identify at-risk students early
- Adjust instruction and intervention according to identified skills strengths and weaknesses
- Close the learning gap
- Reduce time spent away from important class activities, as these assessment measures can be completed in a matter of minutes
3. Empower Collaboration Between Different Teams of Educators
A student interacts with and learns from several different educators and school support staff throughout the day. Because of this, it’s vital for educators to be equipped with uniform assessment data that will help them discuss the performance of the students they share and make strategic, next-step decisions and progress plans.
4. Predict Student Achievement on End-of-Year Targets
The student performance data that is produced from an all-in-one assessment, data management, and reporting system aids educators in:
- Identifying potential gaps in student comprehension
- Helping students get back on track for meeting end-of-year targets
With these types of capabilities on a weekly or monthly basis, educators can monitor and track progress with student and classroom growth charts.
With one, streamlined education assessment system in place that supports MTSS and RTI models of instruction, district goals can be track toward and every educator's time and effort is utilized in the most efficient way.
aimsweb™Plus – an MTSS and RTI-aligned web-based progress monitoring, benchmarking, data management, and reporting system for grades K-8 – helps districts like yours advance their use of educational technology using brief, valid, reliable measures of foundational reading and math skills.
Streamline your district and promote student success with powerful, easy-to-understand data. Explore the aimswebPlus system.