- Current, convergent research on reading instruction and assessment
- International Literacy Association Standards for Reading Professionals — Elementary Classroom Teacher Candidates
- International Dyslexia Association Knowledge and Practice Standards for Teachers of Reading — Classroom Educators
- National Reading Panel findings*
- National Literacy Panel on Language-Minority Children and Youth findings
An Annotated Bibliography
is provided to help educator preparation programs and candidates identify resources related to the content covered on the Foundations of Reading assessment.
*The National Reading Panel defines scientifically based reading research (SBRR) as research that "applies rigorous, systematic, and objective procedures to obtain valid knowledge relevant to reading development, reading instruction, and reading difficulties."