As we seek to measure 21st century skills, our assessments have become more interactive. They contain more performance tasks and open-ended questions, such as essays, math questions, and science activities that allow students to apply their knowledge beyond selecting a multiple-choice answer.
Are your teachers implementing these changes in their classroom assessments? With the Understand Scoring on-demand training module, teachers can learn more about the constructed-response scoring process.
Working at their own pace, teachers will:
- Learn about grade-level rubrics for constructed-response items
- Review anchor papers — actual student papers that have been scored and annotated to show how the rubric is applied
- Receive hands-on practice for scoring open-ended test items with rubrics
- Track their scoring accuracy against scores assigned by professional scorers
- Earn a Certificate of Completion to add to their professional credentials
Contact your Pearson representative to learn more about using Understand Scoring in your state or district.