During the interactive session, you will learn about:
- Learning maps: Assess one standard at a time or in combinations and receive guidance about next steps for students along the way.
- Competency checks: Get accurate standard competency diagnoses with concise as possible assessments. Short, valid, pre-built assessments contain 6–8 questions, with a tailored mix of DOK level 1, 2, and 3 questions that best represent a given standard.
- Quick checks: Use pre-built, non-secure questions for practice, review, and class activities. There are flexible pools of practice questions target each standard.
- Teacher dashboard: Receive immediate, actionable, standards-level feedback to focus on the exact areas for which students need support. Clearly identify which students have the same need and create groupings for personalized instruction based on competency diagnoses.
- Student dashboard: For each standard, students have multiple opportunities to succeed, allowing for personalized pacing and celebrations of learning as it occurs. This research-backed, proprietary method empowers students to own their learning journey.
Navvy was designed by Laine Bradshaw, PhD, in collaboration with school district leaders and educators who share a vision for supporting an ongoing formative-assessment process with trustworthy, timely, standards-level competency measures that are delivered and used in ways that empower students to own their learning journey. Navvy assessments help K–12 educators successfully navigate and advance student progress on required learning objectives.
About Laine Bradshaw, PhD
Dr. Laine Bradshaw, Vice President of Classroom Solutions at Pearson, has a PhD in Research, Evaluation, Measurement, and Statistics and an MEd in Mathematics Education. While a tenured Associate Professor of Quantitative Methodology in the College of Education at the University of Georgia (UGA) she collaborated closely with educators to create Navvy, a student-friendly and learning-focused classroom assessment system. She has published numerous peer-reviewed research articles in top journals on the topic of diagnostic assessment and psychometrics. Dr. Bradshaw can be reached at email@example.com.