Developmental screeners approved by Maryland SDE
Welcome Maryland early childhood educators and care providers. Pearson is pleased to offer two early childhood developmental screening tools that successfully met the Maryland State Department of Education's (MSDE) rigorous approval criteria for required developmental screeners: Speed DIAL-4, and Early Screening Inventory-Revised® (ESI-R™), 2008 Edition. Review the information on this site to help you select the right tool for your program.
For the Early Childhood Developmental Screening Project, MSDE focused on the following criteria as they evaluated developmental screeners:
- Required reading ability of the child care provider to use the tool as intended
- Training time and costs, administration, scoring properties, and overall costs
- Language availability
- Cohesiveness to Maryland programs currently conducting developmental screening
- Balance of parental input and provider input
- Concurrence with national psychometric standards in terms of validity and reliability
- Internet dependent/independence based on statewide and provider access
If these products are a good fit for your learners, please request them from your Maryland State Department of Education contact.