Based on thousands of cases collected from forensic settings, the MMPI-2 forensic reports help provide a strong empirical foundation for clinicians' expert opinions and increase their confidence in preparing testimony. The reports build on the MMPI-2 tests reputation as the most widely used assessment in forensic situations.
Users & Applications
To support clinicians in presenting expert opinions, the reports provide a tailored narrative for six forensic settings:
- Child custody disputes
- Competency/commitment hearings
- Personal injury lawsuits
- Personal injury neurological evaluations
- Pre-trial criminal evaluations
- General corrections recommendations
Features & Benefits
- Developed by MMPI-2 expert James N. Butcher, PhD, the reports address the questions most frequently asked by referral sources.
- Each report includes setting-specific text and profile frequencies to help ensure relevant, defensible testimony.
- Expanded interpretations of test validity address defensiveness and malingering.
- A comparison of the clients profile to those of people in similar situations allows additional insight into test results.
- DSM-related diagnostic possibilities are suggested to help support psychological treatment recommendations.
View sample reports for Forensic Settings.