Gain a more robust understanding of a student's ability.
OLSAT 8 measures cognitive abilities that relate to a student's academic success in school. By assessing a student's verbal, nonverbal, and quantitative ability, OLSAT 8 supplies educators with valuable information to enhance the insights gained from traditional achievement tests.
Features & Benefits
- Content clusters and item types include verbal, nonverbal, and quantitative.
- Obtain student's Achievement/Ability Comparison (AAC) score when administered with the Stanford Achievement Test Series, Tenth Edition (Stanford 10).
- Specialized statistical procedures and comprehensive review of all test items by minority-group educators help minimize ethnic, gender, cultural, and regional bias.
- Evaluates a student's performance on a variety of tasks, including detecting likenesses and differences, recalling words and numbers, defining words, following directions, classifying, establishing sequence, solving arithmetic problems, and completing analogies.
OLSAT 8 Online
This all inclusive solution delivers immediate test results to facilitate reporting and placement decisions. Plus, there's no distributing of test documents, and no time consuming document collection and shipping, saving time and costs. You can also combine online testing with paper-pencil testing if you so choose by using our new Flexible Testing Method.
- Available for Grades 3-12 (Levels D-G).
- OLSAT 8 Online is quick, easy, and fast—with immediate reporting.
- One simple price—test delivery, scoring, and reporting that's all inclusive.
- Use our new Flexible Testing Method solution which allows blended online and paper-pencil administration with combined reporting.
- Administer with Stanford 10 Online to obtain faster results, plus the many benefits of AAC scores.
Note: Pearson will provide assistance to customers for the implementation of our online tests.
Scoring & Reporting Services
In addition to Pearson’s Central Scoring Services, please also consider the following:
Provides a dynamic online reporting tool for customers using Pearson’s Central Scoring Service (additional charges apply.)
Offers the ability to scan, score, and report locally within your school, district, or diocese office, providing greater flexibility and faster turnaround of results and reporting.
Make a Reliable Achievement/Ability Comparison
OLSAT® 8 can be administered with Stanford 10 to relate a student's actual achievement with his or her school ability. When these tests are given in combination, an Achievement/Ability Comparison (AAC) score is obtained. AACs describe a student's achievement in relation to the achievement of students with the same measured school ability. AAC scores give educators a better understanding of each student's potential for success in school.