Vital Vocabulary for Every Age: Word Building in the Preschool Years Webinar (Recording)
- at -
The Vital Vocabulary for Every Age webinar series provides clinicians with key information about vocabulary knowledge at three stages of a person's life: the preschool years, primary and middle grades, and high school.
Presenter: Kathleen Williams, Ph.D.
The Vital Vocabulary for Every Age webinar series provides clinicians with key information about vocabulary knowledge at three stages of a person's life: the preschool years, primary and middle grades, and high school. Part 1 of the series will focus on vocabulary knowledge needed by preschool children, with emphasis on developing phonological awareness and words about print and instruction. The presenter will share information about the research supporting the value of comprehensive word knowledge as well as age-appropriate strategies for developing that vocabulary for the preschool children on your caseload.
As a result of this activity, the participants will be able to:
- Summarize for instructional team members the research that supports the value of a rich and broad knowledge of vocabulary throughout a person's lifespan.
- Demonstrate age-appropriate vocabulary development activities for preschool children.
- Implement a course of vocabulary development for children up to and including age 5 that can be shared with parents, caregivers, and teachers
- Review of relevant research on the value of vocabulary knowledge for preschool children
- Age-appropriate and research-based strategies for developing preschool children's vocabulary skills
- Wrap-up and questions