Pearson, the global leader in education technology and services, today announced the launch of the latest versions of PowerSchool and PowerTeacher. PowerSchool 6.2, the award-winning student information system (SIS) with the largest market share of any SIS available today, features cross-platform mobile access for teachers and administrators, an enhanced parent portal, and improved planning, tracking, and reporting functionality. PowerTeacher 2.0, the teacher gradebook, now includes standards-based grading capabilities down to the assignment level, in an intuitive and elegant user interface design.
“With these new releases, we’re able to provide our users with access to the very latest versions of our industry-leading SIS and online gradebook, while improving the overall end user experience, including seamless access and functionality for mobile users,” said Paul Fletcher, president of the School Systems group of Pearson. “We’re committed to providing teachers, administrators, parents, and students with the most advanced technology solutions for accessing and analyzing critical student data, and PowerSchool 6.2 and PowerTeacher 2.0 are no exception.”
PowerSchool 6.2 includes several innovative features aimed at improving the overall user experience for administrators, teachers, and parents, as well as adding enhanced functionality:
- Mobile Web Pages – Teachers and administrators can now access PowerSchool using the iPhone™, iPad™, iPod Touch™, and Android™ OS mobile devices. Mobile Web Pages includes rich functionality such as the ability to view comprehensive student information, including grades and schedules, as well as viewing and recording attendance.
- Parent Single Sign-On – An enhanced Parent Portal provides parents with more than one child in the system the ability to access all their children's records with a single login account. Parents can maintain their account and email preferences and retrieve account login information. Additionally, the centralized parent/guardian account module is now available in PowerSchool, serving as a gateway for managing parent/guardian accounts. This introduces the parent as a separate entity in PowerSchool and provides a solid foundation for expanded parent/guardian functionality.
- Graduation Planner – A new feature of PowerSchool, Graduation Planner provides a more robust tool for planning a student's academic career, tracking and reporting on their progress, and evaluating graduation readiness.
- Attendance Tracking and Notification – Administrators are now able to track student absences by using a combination of thresholds and triggers. Each time a student meets or exceeds a defined threshold, the student is flagged in the database and is included on a report. This allows administrators to track when notifications are sent to the student’s family, what are commonly referred to as 3, 5 and 10-day letters. (Thresholds can very depending on school policy.)
- ReportWorks 1.2 – Built from the ground up for PowerSchool, ReportWorks now includes greater access to more data and several new report templates. Version 1.2 allows for reporting on student immunization, health office visits, health screenings, and grade level entry certification information. Existing security settings within PowerSchool ensure that users developing and running health reports only see data they are authorized to access.
Additionally, PowerSchool 6.2 has added features to support Microsoft® Hyper V, which offers more efficient server configuration and management. "Pearson and Microsoft are excited to be providing Hyper V support for PowerSchool. We believe that our mutual customers will find significant benefit from the reduced hardware costs and decreased management overhead provided by this technology," states Sig Behrens, General Manager of US Education for Microsoft.
PowerTeacher 2.0 provides the latest technology for true standards-based grading. Endorsed by Ken O’Connor, “The Grade Doctor,” PowerTeacher 2.0 combines rich standards functionality with many quick-entry features for teachers. The design ensures teachers can work quickly and efficiently, while taking advantage of best practices in standards-based grading across all types of assignments.
PowerTeacher 2.0 includes:
- Formative Assessment – With the new Standards Drawer, teachers can quickly and easily enter scores for multiple standards linked to daily assignments directly from the Assignments Scoresheet.
- Summative Assessment - Allows teachers to specify how they would like to calculate current progress toward standards. This includes a tool that allows teachers to specify the number of recent scores to include in the calculation and weigh recent scores more heavily than older scores.
- Individual Student Profile - A new “Student View” mode allows teachers to quickly get a birds-eye view of each student’s progress toward standards and work with the individual. All assignments linked to standards are listed, along with the scores entered for each standard. Summative scores are automatically calculated and inserted onto standards-based report cards and are also visible to parents and students in real-time from the PowerSchool web portal.
- Monitoring Intervention Groups – New group views provide the teacher with holistic feedback on how a group of students is trending for each standard. While not intended to replace individual assessment, this view helps teachers measure efficacy for targeted group-level instruction.
For more information on PowerSchool 6.2 or PowerTeacher 2.0, visit: http://www.pearsonschoolsystems.com
Pearson (NYSE:PSO), the global leader in education and education technology, provides innovative print and digital education materials for preK through college, student information systems and learning management systems, teacher professional development, career certification programs, and testing and assessment products that set the standard for the industry. Pearson's other primary businesses include the Financial Times Group and the Penguin Group. For more information about the Assessment group of Pearson, visit http://www.pearsonassessments.com/.
For more information, press only:
Adam Gaber, Pearson, 800-745-8489, firstname.lastname@example.org