Brief and easy to administer, the Bracken School Readiness Assessment, Third Edition (BSRA-3) helps you determine if a child is ready for school.
As a family of products in concept development, the Bracken assessments differ in focus and item type. In the BBCS-3:R, the child simply points to a correct picture. This is a nonverbal task. In the BBCS-E, the child verbally responds to stimulus items. The BSRA-3 is a school readiness screener; it evaluates just 5 areas of the full BBCS assessments. Together, they are a powerful set of tools for a child’s concept formation and academic success.
Includes five subtests to assess basic concepts related to school readiness:
Features & Benefits
- Provides Record Form that is designed for pre- and post-testing
- Gives suggestions in the Parent-Teacher Conference Form of activities parents can do at home with the child
- Provides information showing how the subtests align to each state’s early childhood standards
- Offers a sample lesson from the Bracken Concept Development Program
- Scoring Assistant® software scores the Bracken Basic Concept Scale, Third Edition: Receptive, the Bracken Basic Concept Scale: Expressive and the Bracken School Readiness Assessment, Third Edition.
National norms are provided for the English edition. Spanish norms can be developed using the Spanish Record Form with your local Spanish-speaking population.
Scoring & Reporting
Use the Bracken Scoring Assistant Software to quickly and accurately score tests results, maintain test records, and create graphical and summary reports.