Finally….a True Spanish Version of WISC-IV!
Unlike any other…
WISC®-IV Spanish is a comprehensive adaptation of WISC-IV, more than just a linguistic translation.
WISC-IV Spanish is ideal for use with Spanish-language dominant children ages 6 through 16 years who are gaining educational experience in the United States. Psychologists and other clinicians familiar with WISC-IV will easily adapt to the new WISC-IV Spanish. WISC-IV Spanish provides a true reflection of Spanish-speaking children in U.S. schools and provides an accurate representation of children in transition to becoming English-language speakers. Test items have been modified to minimize cultural bias across multiple regions of origin. While the test is given in Spanish, children earn credit for answers in either Spanish or English.
The WISC®–IV Spanish allows you to reliably assess the intellectual ability of Spanish-speaking children and adolescents. WISC–IV Spanish is both a translation and adaptation of the WISC–IV, the most widely used intelligence measure for children in the U.S. This individually administered battery provides a comprehensive measure of intellectual ability of Spanish language-dominant children ages 6 through 16 years.
When to Use WISC-IV Spanish
- Child is Spanish–language dominant
- Child is in his/her first five years in the U.S. education system
- Child is referred for neurocognitive evaluation
- Child needs evaluation for educational diagnosis and services
- You want to know how child compares to U.S. classmates
- You want to know how child compares to other Spanish-language dominant children with similar backgrounds